I finally collected six empty MAC containers (it takes me forever) so I was able to Back to MAC for a new lipstick. My free pick? Vegas Volt! It is a gorgeous bright orange lipstick that really makes your lips pop. It’s a color I had been wanting for a while and it will be perfect for summer.
“Because we share your commitment to the environment, M·A·C accepts returns of its primary packaging through the Back to M·A·C Program. By returning six  M·A·C primary packaging containers to a M·A·C counter or M·A·C Cosmetics online, you’ll receive a free M·A·C lipstick of your choice as our thanks to you.”
Here are a few policies about the program I have come across:
- You can return any MAC plastic/glass packaging: lipglass, eyeshadows (must be in tact with pan and label), brush cleanser, makeup remover, blush, eyeliner, lipsticks, fluidline, foundation (compacts or bottles), skincare packages (including wipes), etc.
- Packages do not have to be completely empty (there can still be product left; even completely full)
- The cardboard boxes and plastic tops (they come with Mineralize Skinfinishes) do not count
- Eyeshadows that have been depotted (no pan or label) do not count
- Eyeshadow refill pans only count with original label and magnet on back
- MAC stores will Back to MAC for an eyeshadow, lipglass or a lipstick of your choice
- MAC counters will only Back to MAC for a lipstick of your choice
Feel free to ask about any other concerns regarding the Back to MAC policy in a comment below, or you can always ask any sales asscoiate/ makeup artist at a MAC counter or store.