Well helllooooo! I know it’s been forever since I’ve last posted anything here on Pretty Petals, but I’m back and have a lot of exciting reviews and posts to share with you. So stay tuned for lots more to come! Anyhoo, on to my monthly favorites for November…
1. Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Hair Masque: This has done absolute wonders for my hair and has decreased frizz, feels softer to the touch and even seems to look shinier than usual. The price is a bit steep at about $30 for a container but I only use it twice a week and it really has been worth every penny.
2. Hard Candy Baked Bronzer in Tiki: Although labeled as a bronzer, this highlight powder leaves the perfect glow on my upper cheek bones and blends effortlessly onto my face. I’ve been applying it with the Real Techniques Control Powder Brush (in the set) and I even find myself reaching for it over my Dior Amber Diamond or NARS Albatross highlight powder. Plus it’s at Walmart for only $6!
3. Wet N Wild Matte Lipstick in Cherry Bomb: If you haven’t tried these lipsticks, then you’re seriously missing out. They have awesome pigmentation, great lasting power and are only $2!!! I have almost all of them, but I opted for this color most often in November for the perfect fall lip.
4. e.l.f. Complexion Perfection Powder: This powder is the perfect setting powder for concealer. It lightens up the under eye area and sets my concealer so that it lasts all day! I use this with the Real Techniques Setting Powder Brush.
5. MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation in NC30: I don’t know why it took me so long to try this foundation, but it has quickly become my favorite. I think it has better full coverage than Studio Fix Fluid and it seems to last longer throughout the day without looking patchy like other full coverage foundations can do. I use it with the Real Techniques Stippling brush or the e.l.f. Studio Powder Brush for a fuller coverage.
6. Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer: This concealer is perfect for days I don’t want to wear a full face of makeup. It provides just the right amount of coverage for my under eye circles and any other blemishes I may have. I also like it for days when my skin is a little drier because thicker concealers can appear “cakey” but this always applies smoothly and doesn’t settle into any fine lines.
7. MAC Pro Eye Makeup Remover: I always use the Kirkland Makeup Facial Wipes, but I find it to be harsh on the eyes since I have to rub more. This makeup remover effortlessly takes off my eye makeup within seconds and doesn’t require a lot of rubbing around the eye area. I use it with cotton rounds.
8. MAC Lipstick in Rebel: This lipstick is perfect for the fall and winter months and I used it quite a bit in November. It doesn’t dry out my lips so I find it lasts a lot longer and doesn’t look patchy within a few hours.
9. NYX Mega Shine Lipgloss in Salsa: This is a great everyday lipgloss that adds just a hint of sparkle and shine to the lips. I’ve been layering it almost every lipstick or even by itself for work! It’s a very versatile color.
10. Essie Nail Polish in Downtown Brown: This is an awesome brownish berry color that screams fall. Think of more subdued vixen nails. I can’t get enough of this color.
What have you been loving this fall? Any products new products you would recommend? I’d love to hear!