I recently saw this picture of model Sheridan Watson on Forever 21’s blog “The Skinny” and I fell in love with her soft makeup look. The bright wash of green eyeshadow looked beautiful, so I thought I would give the same look a try.
It is a simple, fresh spring look that is quick and easy to do.
Use a concealer a shade or two lighter than your foundation color and apply under the eyes and cover blemishes where needed.
Apply a light foundation all over the face and blend well.
Blot a sheer translucent powder over the face and t-zone to set the foundation.
Use a matte bronzer and lightly sweep under the hairline on the forehead, contour the cheeks (make the “fishy” lips face and contour in the hollows of your cheeks), brush a little down the bridge of your nose and across the chin.
Take a rosey pink blush and lightly brush in circular motions over the apples of your cheeks (smile big to find the roundest part of your cheeks).
Take an angled eyeliner brush and dip into a brown eyeshadow color one or two shades lighter than your natural hair color and fill in your brows. Follow with a clear gel to set.
Use an eyeshadow base all over the eyelids and just underneath the lower lashline.
Take a bright, shimmery green eyeshadow and sweep over the entire lid, in the corner of the eyes and underneath the lower lashline- you only need a sheer wash, so no need to pack on the color.
Take a slightly darker shade of a shimmery green and apply it to the outer corners of the eyelids and blend in to the crease.
Line your top lashline with a black eyeliner and your bottom lashline with a brown eyeliner.
Apply 2-3 coats of mascara on your top and bottom lashes.
Use a natural, pink lipstick hue and follow with a rose colored gloss. And voila! You’re done!
Products Used (in order of tutorial):
- MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NC20
- bareMinerals Original Foundation in Medium Beige
- bareMinerals Well Rested Eye Brightener
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium
- BeneFit Hoola Bronzer
- MAC Mineralize Blush Duo in Sun and Moon
- MAC Espresso Eyeshadow (on brows)
- Maybelline Great Lash Mascara in Clear
- MAC Paint Pot in Painterly
- NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Horse Raddish
- MAC Crush Metal Pigment Stacked 2!- light green color (LE Spring Colour Forecast Collection)
- MAC Eyeshadow in Lucky Green
- MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack
- MAC Technakohl liner in Brownborder
- CoverGirl LashBlast Volume Mascara in Very Black
- MAC Lipstick in Hold the Pose (LE Makeup Art Cosmetics Collection)
- MAC Lipglass in Cha Cha (LE Spring Colour Forecast Collection)